Friday, November 4, 2011

BookBlog: Time & Money

This is my first installment in a series on my blog which basically consists of book reports, though nowhere near as formal and organized as the ones you had to do in school.  Though I’ve always been widely read, my foray into entrepreneurship has had me delving into the business section at the bookstore for the first time in my life, and I’m learning many new things that I want to remember and share.

My first BookBlog is on Time & Money: How to Spend the Rest of Your Life, by Sonja Becker and Martin Sage.  You may recall this from a previous entry as the book I was supposed to sell as a part of my participation in the JCP.  While the book is deeply flawed, it is not totally without merit, and does pose some questions that are useful for focusing my goals, which I will answer here.

What are my values?
  • Improving the lives of women, both those close to me and those in the wider world.
  • Improving the lives of people I care about by helping them to become the best versions of themselves that they can be.
  • Helping fat women of all shapes and sizes to look and feel great about themselves, outside and inside.
  • To protect and improve the environment by striving to live and work sustainably.
  • To take care of my physical, mental, and emotional health so I do not become a burden on those I love.
  • To create a comfortable, welcoming home for myself and my loved ones, so that it nurtures and recharges us, and creates a positive feelings for the friends and family who visit us for shorter or longer periods.
  • To strive to be the best version of myself that I can be through self-knowledge and self-improvement.
Obviously, not all of these are related to my business, but these are my values, as nearly as I can sum them up.  On a more purely business related note:

What is my mission?
  • To help big, fat, and in-betweenie women to look and feel fabulous.
  • To create a company that is consistent with my values, which will positively impact the lives of both my customers and my employees.
That’s really about all from T&M that I care to blog about.  There will be more BookBlogs forthcoming, however!

No comments:

Post a Comment